Monday, May 28, 2012

Yummy Rosemary "Dump Chicken" Spinach Salad



This is my yummy Rosemary Chicken Spinach salad!

I got inspiration for "Dump Chicken" from this website, whenthedinnerbellrings.blogspot.com. She has a ton of Dump Chicken recipes & every one that I've tried has been yummy, I only wish I had known about Dump Chicken when I was pregnant! I took that as inspiration and threw together some spices for Rosemary chicken & put it all in a huge ziplock bag & froze it until I was ready to thaw and grill it up!

So here are the ingredients I used for my Rosemary "Dump Chicken".

Olive oil - 1/4 cup
Lemon juice - 1/4 cup (this helps tenderize the chicken because of the acidity)
Minced garlic (lots of it, I love garlic) I used about 3-4 tablespoons
Rosemary - 4 tablespoons
Paprika - 4 tablespoons
Black pepper - 2-3 tablespoons
Salt - 1-2 teaspoons
1 1/2 lbs of Chicken Breast (about 6 pieces)frozen or thaw

Toss all in a big ziplock bag close it up and freeze! I massaged the bag a little to mix around the seasoning and to make sure it covered all the chicken. I froze it laying flat.

To thaw, throw in the fridge the day before you plan to cook the next evening! I LOVE to use the grill, I cooked mine for about 10 min. Give or take.

For the salad.
Spinach leaves
1/2 teaspoon blue cheese dressing (or Ranch)
A pinch of salt & pepper

Toss around to mix the dressing with the Spinach before adding the chicken and ENJOY!

* Now, keep in mind I didn't measure, a lot of my cooking (not baking) is just sort of thrown together... But it always turns out great! I've learned a lot from my amazing Husband, he is extremely handy in the cooking department. I couldn't cook when we met 7 years ago... I was so bad I screwed up a box of Kraft Mac & Cheese! Haha, I've come a VERY long way. So this is all just estimates of what I used. You can tweak it as you like. I absolutely loved this recipe & I hope you will too!

So although I enjoy baking & decorating cakes/cupcakes etc., I am actually going on a diet... Yay me! I am going on a diet because I had my son 7 months ago as of the 1st of June, I've lost my first 30lbs but I still have quite a ways to go & besides that I have a bikini wearing vacation in Cabo San Lucas that I am going on in July with my hubby and some of our friends! So needless to say, I'm getting my rear in gear! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment